We are a community of Medical Physics Professionals
The Federation of African Medical Physics Organizations (FAMPO) is the regional federation of the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) in Africa. FAMPO is a non-profit-making organization established in March 2009 to promote the application of physics in medicine.
We raise and maintain standards. We partner with organizations and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. And we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in medical application of radiation.
It is our privilege that the Federation of African Medical Physicists are part of the global community of IOMP.
National Member Organizations (NMOs)
Our Vision & Purpose
- To promote improved quality service to patients and the community in the region.
- To promote the co-operation and communication between medical physics organization in the region, and where such organizations do not exist between individual medical physicists.
- To promote the profession and practice of medical physics and related activities in the region.
- To promote the advancement in status and standard of practice of medical physics profession.
- To promote and improve the training of medical physicists.
- To promote research and development in the field of medical physics.
- To promote appropriate use of technology to the benefit of rural populations.
- To organize and / or sponsor international conferences, regional and other meetings or courses.
- To collaborate or affiliate with other scientific organizations